Disclaimer:

This is my story and my journey; these are my viewes and my opinions only! I am not, nor do I profess to be a doctor, or a theologian. Please use your own discretion when reading these posts. I didn't survive cancer to die of stress!



Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Take Charge!

What I have realized through this experience is that we as women need to take charge of our own health care. Just because a physician tells you, does not mean you should accept it as gospel if you still feel like something is wrong. We as women know our bodies and must trust our own instincts when we think something is wrong. Get a second, third fourth or even a fifth opinion. Also ask as many questions as you need and if you are not comfortable with the answers find a new doctor. We should also share information, sharing information on ovarian cancer helps raise awareness, and will help you or someone you know get a much earlier diagnosis. Early diagnosis makes a huge difference. Again, I want to encourage all women to take charge of your health, for we know our bodies best!

This is God’s day. My faith gives me power. My prayers and all those that are praying for me give me strength. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment