Disclaimer:

This is my story and my journey; these are my viewes and my opinions only! I am not, nor do I profess to be a doctor, or a theologian. Please use your own discretion when reading these posts. I didn't survive cancer to die of stress!



Saturday, July 24, 2010

Journey

A journey is defined as traveling from one place to another, usually taking a rather long time; trip. For me being an ovarian cancer survivor has been nothing but a journey. You see ovarian cancer snuck into my life with illusive persistence. Now, almost four years later I am the happiest I have ever been with myself (inner and outer). Sure, I still have some really bad days. Days when I fear getting sick again and days when I feel that my friends have no burdens of their own. I know I have climbed mountains and everyday gets a bit easier. I continue to move further and further away from those horrible days four years ago. I realize how truly blessed we all are to have life. I realize how lucky I am to be in this world, to have my strong, supportive, and sometimes loving family (LOL) and so many old and new totally amazing friends. So for me this ovarian cancer has been a journey with some side “trips” and some hard fought “wars” won and lost. And I wouldn’t take anything for it!









When Jesus heard that, he said, This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God might be glorified thereby. John 11:4

No comments:

Post a Comment