Disclaimer:

This is my story and my journey; these are my viewes and my opinions only! I am not, nor do I profess to be a doctor, or a theologian. Please use your own discretion when reading these posts. I didn't survive cancer to die of stress!



Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Ovarian Cancer National Alliance Power is Teal Conference

I really enjoyed myself at the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance Power is Teal conference, my first one.... I'm already planning on going next year. The Doctors gave out excellent and easy to understand info on the latest breakthroughs in ovarian cancer and ovarian cancer research. I met a group of the most wonderful, knowledgeable, and inspiring women ever. Jenny Allen’s play "I got sick and then I got better" was amazing. Awareness is my passion and breaking down the myth that there are no early signs of this BEAST of a disease is my goal (patients and doctors). I stayed the extra day for advocacy day on Capitol Hill and a new friend from Georgia and I did a one two punch on our reps. (lol) I met some very inspiring, wonderful and beautiful women. I had an AWESOME time and will be at next year’s conference with bells on.

No comments:

Post a Comment