Disclaimer:

This is my story and my journey; these are my viewes and my opinions only! I am not, nor do I profess to be a doctor, or a theologian. Please use your own discretion when reading these posts. I didn't survive cancer to die of stress!



Monday, September 21, 2009

My Inspiration

My inspiration during this my cancer journey has been God, Jesus Christ my personal savior and myself Kimberly Marshon Simmons-Emory. Wow, never a million years did I think I would be an inspiration to me. When I would think about people who inspire, me Kimberly Marshon Simmons-Emory was never at the top of the list or even in the top 10, 20 or 100 for that matter. And then came along the big “C” and flipped the script.

Sometimes life seems so unfair it’s hard to imagine that things will ever get better, but every day brings another chance to make new choices and go forward. Listen to the wisdom deep within you and have faith that tomorrow will bring you closer to the answers don’t wait for someone else to encourage or inspire you. Inspire and encourage yourself, believe that you have the power, the nerve, and the audacity to make things change. You will know instinctively through the grace of GOD what to do. Keep your faith, especially in God and yourself! Remember there is a saying that says "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."

The lyrics to one of my favorite gospel songs "Encourage Yourself" by Donald Lawrence and the Tri City Singers say:

Sometimes you have to encourage yourself.
Sometimes you have to speak victory during the test.
No matter how you feel speak the words you will be healed.
Speak over yourself encourage yourself in the lord.
The pressure is all around but God is present help.
The enemy created walls but remember giants they do fall.
Speak over yourself encourage yourself in the lord.
As I minister to you oh I minister to myself.
Life can hurt you sooo till you feel there's nothing left.
No matter how you feel speak the word and you will be healed.
Speak over yourself encourage yourself in the lord.

Supporting the fighters, admiring the survivors, honoring the taken, and never, ever giving up hope! It’s the GOD in me!

No comments:

Post a Comment