Disclaimer:

This is my story and my journey; these are my viewes and my opinions only! I am not, nor do I profess to be a doctor, or a theologian. Please use your own discretion when reading these posts. I didn't survive cancer to die of stress!



Friday, September 17, 2010

Advocacy

I was diagnosed with stage IIa ovarian cancer in March 2006. After the fog cleared and I began adjusting to my new life-- as an ovarian cancer survivor --in my opinion you are always a survivor. I began to look for ways to deal with the new me. Advocacy has given me a tool to continue fighting this disease, not only for me but for those who are fighting, those who have lost their battles and women who may be at risk.
Speaking out works - by getting involved, breast cancer survivors have increased funding for breast cancer that has led to new treatments and tests that are saving more lives than ever before. We are doing the same for ovarian cancer. As advocates for ovarian cancer we are educating women about ovarian cancer, changing public policy, and making a difference!
Through this thing called ovarian cancer I have had the opportunity to meet and become friends with some of the most courageous and impressive women on the face of this earth. Learn the risks and symptoms of ovarian cancer.



No comments:

Post a Comment