Disclaimer:

This is my story and my journey; these are my viewes and my opinions only! I am not, nor do I profess to be a doctor, or a theologian. Please use your own discretion when reading these posts. I didn't survive cancer to die of stress!



Wednesday, September 1, 2010

September is National Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month "Silent No More"!!

Ovarian cancer can no longer be called "The Silent Killer." Symptoms are often subtle, but they are not silent. Women with ovarian cancer DO have symptoms, even in the early stages.

These can include (but are not limited to):
Urinary symptoms (urgency or frequency)
Bloating
Eating less or feeling full quickly
Abdominal or pelvic pain or discomfort or heaviness
Terrible back pain
Additional symptoms may include:
Fatigue
Indigestion
Pain with intercourse
Bowel changes
Menstrual irregularities
Loss of appetite
Increasing abdominal girth

TAKE ACTION: See your doctor, preferably a Gynecologist, if these symptoms are unusual for you and occur or increase in intensity over two-six weeks. Experts suggest a combination pelvic/rectal exam, a trans-vaginal sonogram, and a CA-125 blood test. And, any woman at risk, suspected of having or diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer should consult a Gynecologic Oncologist.

EARLY DIAGNOSIS IS THE KEY.

****NOTE: Pap smears DO NOT detect Ovarian Cancer.****

No comments:

Post a Comment