Disclaimer:

This is my story and my journey; these are my viewes and my opinions only! I am not, nor do I profess to be a doctor, or a theologian. Please use your own discretion when reading these posts. I didn't survive cancer to die of stress!



Monday, October 12, 2009

Cancer and my STRENGTH!

Folk have no idea until they themselves go through it. No one knows the emotion of love till they find it, the loneliness of death until a loved one is gone, and the triumph of defeat until they win. I can't begin to tell you the emotional roller coaster life and cancer has taken me on. To have lost my dear Auntie Nora (my Libra sister) three days before my cancer diagnosis, she was my usual source of strength and support since my parents death; to have felt constantly unwell always nauseous and tired, to have lost all your body hair, to have feared. These represented only a small fraction of the experiences that confronted me. I knew GOD would not give me anything more than I could handle… but I never dreamed HE had so much confidence in me. Thank you LORD for reminding me that YOU are in control of ALL THINGS! The stuff that makes me feel good about myself is your gift to me...and the stuff that I have to struggle through is also a gift; because it makes me stronger. Gospel singer Maurette Brown-Clark has a song that says "It ain't over...until GOD says it's over"… Anyone can give up; it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.
The LORD is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him… Nahum 1:7
Happy Birthday Auntie Nora, miss you! Peace in Rest!
Maurette Brown Clark~ It Ain't Over

No comments:

Post a Comment