Disclaimer:

This is my story and my journey; these are my viewes and my opinions only! I am not, nor do I profess to be a doctor, or a theologian. Please use your own discretion when reading these posts. I didn't survive cancer to die of stress!



Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Reasons Why I Share My Story

I share my story because I have joined the sisterhood of ovarian cancer survivors. I share my story because I like so many other women who have endured the shock of having ovarian cancer, battling ovarian cancer with the surgeries and chemotherapy treatments and the continual fear of ovarian cancer recurring have a story to tell. I share my story so that women of all ages are reminded of how important it is to always be aware of the very subtle warning signs of ovarian cancer. I share my story in the hope that if you do experience unusual symptoms (bloating, pelvic, or abdominal pain, difficulty eating, feeling full quickly, and feeling a frequent or urgent need to urinate); you will seek medical attention even though you might be fearful of the results. I share my story so that we as a sisterhood of women can become better educated regarding the facts and correct treatments of ovarian cancer so that unnecessary risks are avoided.
I share my story because I am excited about the new research in ovarian cancer which is leading us towards more effective screening tools and better treatment. I share my story because of the pain and sadness I have felt when I hear about “Sisters” who have lost their battle or are losing their battle against this dreaded disease. I share my story because I have been overcome by fear and anxiety as I await results of blood work every six months, wondering if my cancer has come back. I share my story because as horrible as this disease is, I wouldn’t trade anything for this journey. (I know that sounds crazy.) I share my story because I will continue to fight this monster called ovarian cancer so maybe someone else will have a chance of an early diagnosis, which will lead to a very long remission.

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1

No comments:

Post a Comment