Disclaimer:

This is my story and my journey; these are my viewes and my opinions only! I am not, nor do I profess to be a doctor, or a theologian. Please use your own discretion when reading these posts. I didn't survive cancer to die of stress!



Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Patience

While going through my cancer battle I came to the realization that there are three types of people who battle cancer:
1. The person who throws up his or her hands and gives up.
2. The person who digs in his or her heels for a battle but gives out of steam before it's over.
3. The person who acknowledges that fighting cancer is a lengthy, tiring ordeal and decides to stick it out and fight anyway.
So as much as I wanted my battle to be over and done with and for things in my life to get back to normal, I couldn’t predict how long it would take for God to heal me. It could have been weeks, months, or even years. All I knew at that time was I was impatient and wanted things done yesterday, so the prospect of something taking years was not very attractive to me. My prayer at that time was that God would grant me patience and give me peace while He healed me in whatever way He saw fit. So for those of you who are struggling with being impatient don’t be so eager to reach the milestones know that the race is not given to the swift or the strong but to those who endure to the end.

Colossians 1:10-11
And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience

1 comment:

  1. Good post, Kim. Regardless of our circumstances (cancer or otherwise) we are instructed to live a life worthy of the Lord. Every step of the way. Through good times and bad. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete