Disclaimer:

This is my story and my journey; these are my viewes and my opinions only! I am not, nor do I profess to be a doctor, or a theologian. Please use your own discretion when reading these posts. I didn't survive cancer to die of stress!



Friday, October 9, 2009

"Why?"

I sometimes find myself asking the question, "Why?" Not so much why I was the one to get cancer, but rather, why I am the one who survived; the one who got a second chance? The only answer I can find is that we are all in this world for a reason. I think I am here to make some laugh and to make some cry. I would love to think that I am here to make some see that life is too short to be wasted and too precious to be ignored. Throughout this experience I have realized my own strengths. I fought this disease with everything I had and even though I lost things doing it: a year of my life, my hair (I know it’s just hair but wait until you lose it, or as mine did fall out in patches) friendships and the ability to have children, I have gained some things that are far more valuable, a renewed faith and a passion for life. I have gone through something only some ever will. Having cancer does not mean your life is over. Rather, it means it has just begun. Mine has anyway. I wish to make others see this too. Life after cancer is possible. It is possible to have this disease, fight it, and move on to live!
Dear God, you changed my fears to faith, my reluctance to resolve, and my uneasiness to peace. I give you thanks for your transforming power in my life. Help me to be a doer of your word, promoting spiritual growth and development in my life. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment