Disclaimer:

This is my story and my journey; these are my viewes and my opinions only! I am not, nor do I profess to be a doctor, or a theologian. Please use your own discretion when reading these posts. I didn't survive cancer to die of stress!



Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I can smile today, because I woke up!

It took me a while to come around to the thought that cancer would be a part of my life forever. I am so very thankful and appreciative of my husband’s and friends love and support. Being a cancer survivor has also helped me to be thankful and appreciative of all the small things in life. There are a million little things I notice and appreciate now, like strawberry cupcakes from your favorite bakery, when someone tells a funny joke and you almost pee your pants or when it’s raining very hard and you run outside to get the mail and you get completely soaked and you don’t even care. I made it through the night and woke up to a brand new day! "I can smile today, because I woke up!” Stir up the gift of God which is with you.
2 Timothy 1:6 Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands.

1 comment:

  1. I wake up every morning thanking God. I don't have enough time left to waste it being grumpy. (smile)

    ReplyDelete